亞聖外語留學機構討論區
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

writing topic 113

向下

writing topic 113 Empty writing topic 113

發表  mencius 周四 12月 13, 2012 8:20 am

Sample
The government has made a statement that a new university is going to be established in the community. Some people think that the place where I live would be a good place to locate the university. It is true that a university can bring advantages as well as disadvantages to the place where it is built. In this essay, both benefits and drawbacks of building a new university are discussed as below.

One of the obvious benefits is having a variety of university facilities nearby. The university can provide local residents with a library full of books and lots of sports facilities, for example. Another benefit to the neighborhood is that local students will no longer have to commute long distances and live far away from home when attending university. Both time and money are therefore saved. But perhaps one of the most crucial benefits that a university will bring to the community is a younger, more dynamic, and more entertaining atmosphere. Places with universities will be full of hopes, excitement and new ideas.

However, along with advantages, there are still some drawbacks which should not be neglected. For instance, the neighborhood will become much more crowded and noisier if a university is to be built in it. There will be a great number of students living in a small space and will definitely lead to more noise, trash and traffic. What's more, new businesses such as coffee shops, pubs, and street vendors suitable for the young generation will be likely to move into the district as well. This may contribute to the increasing congestion and, even worse, more pollution.

Considering the gain and loss mentioned above, I believe that a new university will be a beneficial addition to the neighborhood. In my opinion, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. The idea of building a new university seems to open a promising future for the community where I belong. (322 words)

Translation
1. 政府已經宣布在社區要建立一所新的大學,的確,一所新的大學,會為其所在地帶來好處以及壞處。
The government has made a statement that a new university is going to be established in the community. It is true that a university can bring advantages as well as disadvantages to the place where it is built.
2. 其中一點明顯的好處是附近就有大學的各項設施。例如,大學提供當地居民一間藏書豐富的圖書館以及多項運動設施。
One of the obvious benefits is having a variety of university facilities nearby. The university can provide local residents with a library full of books and lots of sports facilities, for example.
3. 另一個對社區的好處是,當地學生上大學時不需要長距離通勤或離家居住在外。
Another benefit to the neighborhood is that local students will no longer have to commute long distances and live far away from home when attending university.
4. 或許大學帶給社區最重要的好處之ㄧ是一個更年輕,更有活力以及更刺激有趣的氣氛。
But perhaps one of the most crucial benefits that a university will bring to the community is a younger, more dynamic, and more entertaining atmosphere.
5. 然而除了好處之外,仍然有些不該被忽略的缺點。
However, along with advantages, there are still some drawbacks which should not be neglected.
6. 例如,社區會變的更擁擠更吵雜如果興建大學。
For instance, the neighborhood will become much more crowded and noisier if a university is to be built in it.
7. 此外新的產業適合年輕人的比方像是咖啡店、酒吧、街頭攤販就很有可能進駐這個地區。 會有很多學生住在這個小鎮裏,這樣一定會導致更多的噪音、垃圾以及交通。
What's more, new businesses such as coffee shops, pubs, and street vendors suitable for the young generation will be likely to move into the district as well. This may contribute to the increasing noise, garbage and traffic.
8. 我認為,這些好處超越壞處,興建一所新大學的主意似乎對我的社區開啟了充滿希望的未來。
In my opinion, the advantage far outweigh the disadvantages. The idea of building a new university seems to open a promising future for the community where I live.

mencius
Admin

文章數 : 157
注冊日期 : 2012-12-13
來自 : 台中市中區自由路2段8號10樓

http://www.mencius.com.tw

回頂端 向下

回頂端

這個論壇的權限:
無法 在這個版面回復文章