亞聖外語留學機構討論區
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to get a job during my U.S. Studies?

向下

Is it possible to get a job during my U.S. Studies? Empty Is it possible to get a job during my U.S. Studies?

發表  mencius 周四 12月 13, 2012 5:54 am

To be eligible to work legally, you must maintain your immigration status (full-time student status) and academic standing.

F-1 students can work on campus up to 20 hours each week while classes are in session. They do not need permission from the Immigration & Naturalization Service (INS) or from a foreign student adviser first.

These on-campus employment opportunities range from assistantships (such as teaching assistantships and research assistantship) to jobs in the school's library, cafeteria, offices or other areas.

Students continuing their studies the following term may also work full time on campus during vacation periods and academic breaks.

For off-campus employment, an F-1 student must obtain authorization from either the foreign student adviser or the INS.

F-1 students also may be eligible for "Curricular Practical Training". This includes internships, co-ops, and work experience in the student's field of study.

After completing their course of study, F-1 students may apply for "Optional Practical Training" allowing them to obtain full-time employment for one year in their field of study. Additionally, F-1 students may work for an international organization prior to or after completing their studies at an U.S. college. Such employment requires consultation with the school's foreign student adviser and work authorization from the INS.

J-1 students must maintain good academic standing and obtain written authorization from the officer of their exchange visitor program to work on or off campus as part of an academic training experience.

It is always wise to consult the college's International Student Office to make sure that the proper authorities approve any employment opportunity.

mencius
Admin

文章數 : 157
注冊日期 : 2012-12-13
來自 : 台中市中區自由路2段8號10樓

http://www.mencius.com.tw

回頂端 向下

回頂端

這個論壇的權限:
無法 在這個版面回復文章