亞聖外語留學機構討論區
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011/5/10 Essay Example

向下

2011/5/10 Essay Example  Empty 2011/5/10 Essay Example

發表  mencius 周四 12月 13, 2012 7:46 am

The following essay is the example essay presented on May 10 (last week). You should first take a look at it, and then copy it on your own notebook very carefully, say, for at least 3 times, because you need to memorize the words, phrases, and patterns that are not familiar to you, as well as the main ideas. Remeber, don't just copy and paste it on your WORD file, which will do you no good at all. Good luck!! And don't forget to practice as much as you can.

Topic: It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay.

I grew up in the countryside and then moved to a big city, so I have experienced the advantages and disadvantages of both. I think it is better for children to grow up in a big city than in the countryside in terms of medical care, cultural resources, and relationships.

From the perspective of medical care, medical quality in big cities is much better than that in the countryside. Hospitals in big cities often have the opportunity to do extensive medical research sponsored by corporations, which enriches doctors’ experience and expertise and thereby betters their medical quality. On the other hand, with their vulnerable to infectious diseases, children need good medical quality and equipment to receive moderate treatment. Take, for example, my personal experiences. When I was a child, I once contracted a disease called “dengue fever.” Despite doctors’ endeavor to scrutinize my symptoms, none of them could diagnose the very cause. Finally, my parents took me to visit a doctor in a big city. After thoroughly examining my symptoms, the physician explained my illness to my parents and gave me proper treatment, which not only saved my life but also alleviated my parents’ pressure.

In light of social resources, bit cities are bulging with highly accessible cultural resources. Children growing up in big cities have more opportunities to utilize various cultural resources, such as libraries and bookstores. Simultaneously, they can visit some interesting places, like zoos, museums, and aquariums, and participate in music and dance performances. These cultural resources not only play an important role in the development of children’s intelligence but also help them cultivate certain characteristics—creative ideas, acute observation, and talents for learning. This way, children growing up in big cities are more likely to have many advantages than those growing up in the countryside.

For children growing up in big cities, they have more opportunities to meet different races and cement their relationships. Actually, relationships are not an inherent quality, but a learned ability. By frolicking and chatting with other companions, children growing up in big cities can learn how to get along with others and realize the world around them. The more children learn how to get along with others, the more easily they can successfully cement their friendships. And this close friendship will to some extent affect their later personalities and diplomacy, which have a far-reaching influence on children’s learning ability and relationships.

In short, these advantages—medical care, cultural resources, and relationships—are the main factors that I think growing up in a big city for children is better than in the countryside. (431 words)

mencius
Admin

文章數 : 157
注冊日期 : 2012-12-13
來自 : 台中市中區自由路2段8號10樓

http://www.mencius.com.tw

回頂端 向下

回頂端

這個論壇的權限:
無法 在這個版面回復文章